 Star Wars / 16846
  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) And were the Dewbacks local or did they bring their own? It would seem unlikely that the All Powerfull Empire would have to scrounge up local transport, but on the other hand a Star Destroyer doesn't seem to be an ideal environment for the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) Dewbacks being local is more logical than Banthas. After all, lizards are good at adapting to desert conditions. Hairy animals not so good. (...) Indead - they are as big as an elephant, with no savannah grasses or trees to snack on to keep up (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) Well, for a possible in-story explanation, if they didn't have a regular garrison there (and it's implied that they didn't), they might have had the same trouble adjusting their speeders and such to desert conditions as the Rebels did (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) What about camels? Hair is protective against abrassion from sandstorms, from the extreme cold experienced at night or during the winter (though Tattooine, being a predominantly desert ecology, probably doesn't have much in the way of cold (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) I'm going to get my nerd on for a second (hey, I just got back from Comic-Con, so I've got SW on the brain!)... Playing Star Wars Galaxies, there are two benefits of the Dewbacks versus speeders: 1. Hostile creatures can't flat out and quickly (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

I think you're all missing the point: that Dewbacks can be fitted with "Bantha-track-boots" for leaving obvious clues... jeremy:D (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) Camel hair is not as long and is more reflective than the dark hair of the Banthas. (...) True - if the Banthas lived in a wooly mamoth habitat, it would be more tundra like than polar like. But I suppose the tundra can be arid to. I guess I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) Seems to me the indigenous form of transportation was speeders. I didn't see Luke, or anyone other than stormtroopers for that matter, driving a dewback around. If I was a stormtrooper I'd have commandeered something a bit more comfortable and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) You know, that would have actually made more sense with the dinosaur-footed dewbacks from the original cut, than with the chicken-footed SE dewbacks. (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Dewback

(...) My understanding is that Tatooine was a little backwater that the Empire had allowed the local organized crimelords (the Hutts) to run. I'm sure they didn't have any reason to garrison troops there. I mean, it's not like the rebels would do (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)