 Star Wars / 16846
Re: MOC: Dewback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:57:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bill Pfund wrote:
   Nice Dew. So if a certain species of Dews had their habitat in the hills, would they be Mountain Dews? :-) I have also wondered why Storm Troopers needed Dewbacks when they could have used speederbikes or something;

And were the Dewbacks local or did they bring their own? It would seem unlikely that the All Powerfull Empire would have to scrounge up local transport, but on the other hand a Star Destroyer doesn’t seem to be an ideal environment for the care and feeding of such beasts.

Oops, almost lost my disbelief there for a second.

   I suppose having them ride the Dews made the Tatooine scenes look cool.

That was my conclusion, and it was certainly true right up to the point when the Special Editions were released and all of a sudden the heretofore stately Dewbacks were doing the Hokey-Pokey and turning all about.

Allister

ps And another thing, in a sparse desert environment such as Tattooine, where does a herd of Banthas find enough to eat?