 Star Wars / 16829
Re: Set 10131 Tie Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:53:39 GMT

I doubt it.  The original TIE Fighter (set 7146) has 169 elements and the TIE
bomber has 229 elements. I'm sure the Vader's TIE had fewer elements than the
TIE bomber.  This would leave over 116 elements for the fourth ship, which seems
reasonable since it looks simpler than the original TIE.

Personally I'm underwhelmed by this set.  I've already got the original TIE set
and the TIE/Y Vader set, so it is pretty much more of the same.  I can see why
someone who was not buying SW LEGO when those were available would be excited,
though, because alongside the redesigned X-Wing and Millenium Falcon sets this
means that all of the key ships from A New Hope are currently in release.
I do wish the fourth ship had been an interceptor, though, rather than some EU
version.

Bruce