 Star Wars / 15542
  Toyfare has new news

Toyfare magazine this month has some previews. Infact they now have a full page in the preview section for lego, I like that. It's nothing we haven't all seen, but there was one tidbit that caught my eye. "There is also talk about releasing another (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) The only "famous" capital ship left (after the ISD and the RBR) (assuming they ignore the VSD) (and ignore smaller ships like the Falcon and the Nubian) is the Neb-B. (URL) would make a beautiful Lego model, although the scale would have to be (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

I'm hoping for a Mon Calimari ship. Think of the round pieces!! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) A Mon Calimari capital ship (Akabar's ship in previous email) would be a travesty...grin. Mon-cal ships are notoriously graceful and smooth and just wouldn't fit very well with my classically minded idea of lego...grin. Still, if they make a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

Hm.... I wonder, I wonder.... Jabba's Sail Barge? Jawa Sandcrawler? oooh...wait...Cloud City? And wishful thinking--what if it came with a special Lando minifig? Now Cloud City would be most cool...and I can imagine trek fans just drooling to modify (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

I wouldn't be so quick to ignore smaller ships. I, for one, hope they make an ultra-detailed Falcon. Think about it, it is probably they most recognizable Star Wars ship. Tons of people would buy it. And frankly, the system MF was really (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Um, are we forgetting the Super Star Destroyer? You know, Mr. Asthma's flagship? Introduced at the beginning of TESB and crashed into the second Death Star? (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Nonsense. The bulbous shapes could quite easily be produced with liberal applications of plates to build up the outer surface. Regardless, due to limited on-screen time largely involving very hectic space battle sequences, the Mon Calamari (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Episode I? (URL) chromed pieces of course, it will cost twice as much as the ISD. I'm hoping Classic SW and Millenium Falcon. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Recognizable? you mean like the RBR, which appears on screen for.. what, two minutes, and mainly from behind? When I heard they released the Tantive IV, i said "the what? where was that in the movies?" and then i saw the engine cluster and (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) It may have had little screentime, but that is the _first_ Star Wars ship anyone ever saw in the movie theatres, and that specific scene is one of the most memorable in modern cinema. If you walked up to ten random people and showed them the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Personally, I'd like to see the Trade Federation Battleship (URL) big, round, and all greebly. Somehow I don't think we will see another bad-guy ship though. The Millenium Falcon is most likely. Greg (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) SNIP (...) why not the Radiant VII (Qui-gonn and Obi-wan's red ship at the beginning of ep 1)? Jeff (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) While I doubt any of the Trade Federation ships will see production in UCS form if none of them have even shown up in minifig scale, I very much expect we'll see more bad-guy ships. There are three more TIEs, the speederbike, the walkers, the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Toyfare has new news

(...) Because the UCS sets are hugely expensive, and TLC seems to be leaning more towards iconic symbols of Star Wars for the UCS line. The TIE Fighter would have made more sense than the TIE Interceptor as far as being an iconic symbol, but the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)