 Star Wars / 15690
Re: Toyfare has new news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:58:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff McClain writes:
A Mon Calimari capital ship (Akabar's ship in previous email) would be a
travesty...grin.  Mon-cal ships are notoriously graceful and smooth and just
wouldn't fit very well with my classically minded idea of lego...grin.
Still, if they make a bunch of "specialty" pieces, then mabye, but that just
disgraces lego, I feel.

     Nonsense.  The bulbous shapes could quite easily be produced with
liberal applications of plates to build up the outer surface.  Regardless,
due to limited on-screen time largely involving very hectic space battle
sequences, the Mon Calamari ships aren't very recongnizable to casual fans
the way stuff like the ISD, SSD, Millennium Falcon, and maybe even (dare I
hope?) Slave I.