 Star Wars / 15702
Re: Toyfare has new news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 14:02:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Laswell writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeff McClain writes:
A Mon Calimari capital ship (Akabar's ship in previous email) would be a
travesty...grin.  Mon-cal ships are notoriously graceful and smooth and just
wouldn't fit very well with my classically minded idea of lego...grin.
Still, if they make a bunch of "specialty" pieces, then mabye, but that just
disgraces lego, I feel.

    Nonsense.  The bulbous shapes could quite easily be produced with
liberal applications of plates to build up the outer surface.  Regardless,
due to limited on-screen time largely involving very hectic space battle
sequences, the Mon Calamari ships aren't very recongnizable to casual fans

Recognizable?  you mean like the RBR, which appears on screen for.. what, two
minutes, and mainly from behind?  When I heard they released the Tantive IV, i
said "the what? where was that in the movies?" and then i saw the engine
cluster and recognized it.

Growing up, the Mon Calamari ship defined the way I thought space ships should
look, and still do to a smaller fashion.  The graceful oval shape with little
'bulbs' all over it.  Personally, it was my favorite of the large ships
following the SSD.

But personally I think a UCS MF is the best hope.  as mentioned before, it is
*the* starship of the Star Wars series, and the most recognizable vehicle after
the x-wing.

-lennybendu

the way stuff like the ISD, SSD, Millennium Falcon, and maybe even (dare I
hope?) Slave I.