 Star Wars / 13819
  The ISD Pursuer

"The Pursuer," an Imperial Star Destroyer: (URL) largest MOC yet, it took way longer to build than I thought it would. I'm looking forward to your comments, criticisms, suggestions, and heckles. Jeff J (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) . . . . <speechless> Excellent work, as usual ;-) -Orion -- Enter the Beyond (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Absolutely fantastic Jeff. I can't get over it's loyalty to the original. What fun you could have with this, a good stop-action camera and some editing software. Couldn't come up with a criticism if I was paid to. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) *Drool* This is extreme! The engine modification look great! The overall model is bang on! The back view is absolutely flawless. This model simply begs to be included in a few dozen Lego animations :) Excellent work Jeff! Bobby (Neue-Oz) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Jeff, this is very impressive!!! The Star Destroyer is one of those ships, like At-At, which I had given up any hope of being feasibly rendered well. You've shown it can be done, as Shawn Sullivan and Dave Eaton did with the At-At. The sightlines (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

I just read your Brickshelf sheet about the "making of" the Pursuer, and see that you have explained the wide midline/ "sidewall," so apologies for bringing up something you'd already accounted for. Thanks for the details, they're always fun to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) Thanks! Jeff J (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) Thanks for the compliments. Jeff J (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) Thanks Bobby. That's two suggestions for an animation... I've never made one, but I might look into it. Jeff J (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) Thanks Brian. Those two AT-ATs are in a dead heat for my personal favourite Star Wars MOC. (...) The thickness of the middle part nags at me. I have some technic beams coming in the mail, so I *might* try to tighten up the frame inside. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Wow ! You beat me to it and did an awesome job ! I gotta know how you got it to work structurally. I made a few attempts, but they either didn't get the angles quite right or were too fragile. Any chance you could pull the plates off one side and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Holy S$!&, that's beyond my abilities... -Harvey (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

<Jaw on ground>! You have **WAY** too much time on your hands (and grey large wings!) Very impressed with your dedication to the originals- just looking at a picture on the back of one of my books (Darksaber)- you even got the dish at the bottom (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Jeff, Excellent, excellent, excellent and excellent! Maybe the Pursuer and my Enterprise, NX-01 could do battle sometime! ;-) Here's to a highlight! onedaycnn (sid) (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) I dunno... I spent an awful lot of time on this, and those Enterprises don't lose too many fights. But if you fill the NX-01 with redshirts, you're on! Jeff J (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) It took a lot of trial and error. The frame inside isn't much of a skeleton, but more like a 'T.' It's more fragile than any of the UCS sets, but solid enough for me to pick up, flip upside down, and put back down. Here are some pics I took (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Jeff, more great photos, and "making of": even better! I particularly like the giant cat overseeing the construction at the Kuat Drive Shipyards! (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) is (...) Also, this model begs to be LDrawn! Supercool model! Greetingz... Sjaacko (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

First off that Star Destroyer rocks. (...) That Enterprise is awesome too. (...) Well if you ignore the "good guys always win" rule, the Enterprise does not stand a snowball's chance in heck of winning. (URL) is a website of an actual scientist with (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

Man I soooooooo want to build one of these? Quick! Work up the ldraw DAT files, please??? Well, I suppose I could do it the hard way and try to figure it out from the pictures.... (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The ISD Pursuer

(...) I've never used LDraw, because I don't even have an internet account at home (why pay for it when I get it free at work? Please don't tell my boss). Something tells me it would be tough to do this up in CAD. How well does LDraw handle hinges (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars)