 Star Wars / 12401
Re: Two really impressive 2002 sets ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 06:02:25 GMT

in article Gqzu44.GDt@lugnet.com, Mr L F Braun at braunli1@pilot.msu.edu
wrote on 2/4/02 12:33 AM:

In lugnet.starwars, John Kornhaus writes:
In set 7133 at <http://www.fbtb.net/2002/epiiscans.html>

Any guesses as to what the part behind the 2x2 round engine intake tiles is?
It looks like a 2x2 plate with cutouts sandwiched between the tile and a
black printed R2 body. Has this piece been seen before?

I think it's 2 or 4 1x1 round plates.  If you arrange them that way,
that's what they look like--believe it or not!

Thanks for the scan address, btw--looks like I'm going to be buying
LOTS of 2002 Ep II sets!

best

LFB

Hmm, could be. Maybe it's just shadows or the camera angle, but the parts on
the left engine looked decidedly "pointy" to me. Sort of like a flattened
version of the 1x1 cylinder with 4 "petals". Guess I was looking too hard
for new pieces.

John

-
AFOL and his money are soon parted