 Star Wars / 12336
12335  |  12337
Subject:
Two really impressive 2002 sets ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:44:33 GMT

Hmmm, am I alone in thinking that there are some really great new sets coming
out this year?  I just spent a little while checking out Jengo Fett's Slave I
on at http://www.lego.com/starwars/episode/default.asp?prodid=7153, and I'm
really impressed!

Perfect canopy!  (albeit a POOP, but here it's definitely acceptable!)
Hinge Panels in tan!
Crazy curved pieces in Blue and Liberty Green!
Lots of White macaroni!
Lots of Dark Grey!
And a Fett with a BLUE-trimmed helmet!

Perhaps most impressive is how much this set looks like the subject.  I'm sure
many will groan about the POOP fairings around each wing strut, but they *look*
perfect as part of the model.  Same with the canopy.

Another surprising purchase was #4791, the Alpha Team Sub-Surface Scooter for
$6.99.  I don't even remember buying it, but when I opened it up, I was amazed:

2 Dark Grey Harpoon Guns!
1 Dark Grey Helmet (read: another Castle Helm ...)
2 Black R2D2 bodies!
2 Black 2x2 dome pieces!
2 Black 2x4 angled wing pieces!
2 Black 2x2 flag panels
... And an amazing new winch design on a 1x4 platform!

That winch alone was worth it to me - it was a perfect addition onto my GMC 6x6
Army Truck.

Ahh well, I just thought I'd rave about a few sets that are fantastic, IMNSHO.
A larger, more *accurate* Slave I?  A small, $7.00 set packed with *useful*
pieces?  Who knew?

Yum Yum,
-s