 Star Wars / 12402
Re: Super Battle Droid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:13:55 GMT

My first guess as to the joints is that they are a variation of the new arm
pieces seen in the new Alpha Team sets http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4794 and
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4793.  One of the pictures on Starwars.com
(http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/02/news20020204_toy.html)
seems to have the best view.
Let the speculation continue...

-Joel

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jude Beaudin writes:
http://www.lego.com/starwars/episode/default.asp?prodid=8012

Jude

Yikes! I have never been interested in the Technic figures (excepting the
destroyer droid) but this does look more fearsome than the standard battle
droid.

My main question is: Does anyone know anything about, or can anyone
speculate from the images, the nature of the "new" joint system spoken of in
the description? From what I can tell it might be a slimmer ball and socket
joint in the hips though the knees look like simpler hinges.

Any guesses? I hope the starwars.com images provide more clues.

Jonathan L