 Star Wars / 12403
12402  |  12404
Subject:
How to improve the SW Classic Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 02:09:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

My Opinion on and how to improve the Lego Star Wars Classic Line:

I have developed a strong opinion on what Lego should do to improve their SW
line.  If I were at Lego, I would begin to incorporate these ideas after one
and one half years of the Episode 2 line.

A. Look into the missing elements of the line.

From SW Classic we are still missing some key sets.  In the order of
importance; Imperial AT-AT, Imperial TIE Interceptor, Jabba the Hutt’s Sail
Barge, Jabba’s Palace, Dagobah Swamps, Hoth Patrol 1 and 2, Ewok Attack 2,
Tusken Raiders, Jawa Sandcrawler, Imperial TIE Bomber and T-16 Skyhopper.

Below is an explanation of what these sets should include and what a likely
cost would be:

AT-AT: This set should be twice as tall as the AT-ST.  It should include
space for at least one pilot, dressed in an imperial officer uniform (found
in Final Duel), Imperial Biker Scout Head (found in Ewok Attack, Speeder
Bikes) and a castle archer helmet in gray (to resemble the curved helmet).
Also included should be 2 to 4 Imperial Snowtroopers or Stormtroopers. US
$65 – 80.

TIE Interceptor: A system scale interceptor with a Tie Pilot. US $20

Jabba’s Sail Barge: Using the same architecture and scale used in Desert
Skiff, this set should include a Jabba, built similar to the baby dinosaurs
with a custom head, an erotic Leia and a pig man. US $30

Jabba’s Palace: A smaller set with multiple sections, including the door to
the palace, Jabba’s throne with the carbonite Han hanging on the wall and a
huge cage for the monster.  Includes Jabba, Bib Fortuna, and two Pigmen.  If
Lego would ever make a black man, Lando could also be added.  US $15 – 20

Dagobah Swamps: Swamp plants, Yoda’s hut, Yoda, Luke, and R2-D2.  US $10

Hoth Patrol 1 and 2: Arranged as Lego would prefer, an ice cave made of
light blue BURP’s with a Wompa (white colored Chewie), Luke and Han on their
two legged creatures and an imperial probe droid. US $7 ea.

Ewok Attack 2: More Ewok fun with the log thrower, a couple of Ewoks and
Stormtroopers and some trees. US $15

Tusken Raiders: Small set with 2 Tusken raiders with weapons and a Bantha
creature.  US $7

Jawa Sandcrawler: Built to the size of the MTT.  Includes two Jawas, C-3PO
and R2-D2.

Tie Bomber: A system scale Tie Bomber with tie pilot. US $20

T-16 Skyhopper: I just envision a T-16 with a Tatooine Luke. US $15

B. Marketing

Around 1 ½ years after these set come out, there will be a need to
discontinue them and introduce an episode 3 line.  After another 1 ½ years,
the sets of old should be brought back into a "series".  Each series covers
a different aspect of the movie.  The series should be Tatooine, Hoth,
Bespin, Jabba’s Wrath, Battle of Endor and The Return of the Jedi.  Each
year heeds to a series and every two years a series is discontinued.  A
series is not buy everything in one pack, it is the reintroduction and
introduction of the sets.  Sets marked with an asterisk (*) are new for that
year.  Below is a list of what each series would include:

Tatooine: T-16, Sandcrawler, Landspeeder, Droid Escape, Tusken Raiders,
Rebel Blockade Runner, Mos Eisely Cantina* and Moisture Farms.*

Battle of Yavin: X-Wing, Y-Wing Tie Advanced, Tie Fighter, Rebel Command
Center Playset* and Death Star Playset.*

Hoth: Snowspeeder, AT-AT, Hoth Patrol 1 and 2, AT-ST (with new box art so
it’s on Hoth), Rebel Hoth Base Playset (with power generator and hanger).*

Bespin: Twin Pod Cloud Car, Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, Tie Fighter, and
Bespin City Playset (with Lando and a few Ugnaughts).*

Jabba’s Wrath: Jabba’s Sail Barge, Jabba’s Palace, Desert Skiff and Desert
Wastelands Playset (Sarlacc Pit).*

Battle of Endor: A-Wing, B-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, Ewok Attack 1
and 2, Shield Generator Playset.*

The Return of the Jedi: Dagobah Swamps, Imperial Shuttle, Final Duel 1 and
2, Speeder Bikes, Obi-Wan’s Hut.*

Notes: The playsets are supplementary to the rest of the sets in the series.
If purchased alone, they would probably be very boring.  All series have a
new set so that not everything would be stagnant.  Only one set is available
in two series, the TIE Fighter.  This set is not available at the Battle of
Endor because of the other TIE fighters available.

C. Conclusion:

This would plan would give the SW line a long 12 more years not including
the possibility for this same plan to be used on the Episode 1, 2 and 3
lines.  This would also give collectors what they want, along with giving
the newbies a chance to get in the SW Lego universe.