 Star Wars / 12415
Re: How to improve the SW Classic Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:16:43 GMT

"Jeremy Scott" <Copyright42000@home.com> wrote in message
news:Gr1FBG.JE3@lugnet.com...
My Opinion on and how to improve the Lego Star Wars Classic Line:

<snip>

I was thinking about this myself last night after seeing pics of the new EP
II models.  I'm not sure about all those new curved bricks....

A. Look into the missing elements of the line.

From SW Classic we are still missing some key sets.  In the order of
importance; Imperial AT-AT, Imperial TIE Interceptor, Jabba the Hutt's • Sail
Barge, Jabba's Palace, Dagobah Swamps, Hoth Patrol 1 and 2, Ewok Attack 2,
Tusken Raiders, Jawa Sandcrawler, Imperial TIE Bomber and T-16 Skyhopper.

How about the Mos Eisley Cantina, Sandtrooper Patrol...

Below is an explanation of what these sets should include and what a • likely
cost would be:

Followed up be my rants and raves....

AT-AT: This set should be twice as tall as the AT-ST.  It should include
space for at least one pilot, dressed in an imperial officer uniform • (found
in Final Duel), Imperial Biker Scout Head (found in Ewok Attack, Speeder
Bikes) and a castle archer helmet in gray (to resemble the curved helmet).
Also included should be 2 to 4 Imperial Snowtroopers or Stormtroopers. US
$65 - 80.

This would have to be a monster of a model ($85+ price range).  Should
include on Imperial Officer, 4 Snowtroopers and 2 Rebel soldiers.  Plus it
should include a Rebel Hoth Gun Turret.  But will Lego ever make
it....unlikely I think since they did it with the Mindstorm kit and did it
badly.

TIE Interceptor: A system scale interceptor with a Tie Pilot. US $20

That seems right , it would have a few more bricks than the regular
TIE....no extra Stormtrooper?

Jabba's Sail Barge: Using the same architecture and scale used in Desert
Skiff, this set should include a Jabba, built similar to the baby • dinosaurs
with a custom head, an erotic Leia and a pig man. US $30

Jabba's Palace: A smaller set with multiple sections, including the door • to
the palace, Jabba's throne with the carbonite Han hanging on the wall and • a
huge cage for the monster.  Includes Jabba, Bib Fortuna, and two Pigmen. • If
Lego would ever make a black man, Lando could also be added.  US $15 - 20

Two sets with a Jabba model would be a bad idea.  I think a combination of
the two would be better.  I think Jabba's Palace is the easier of the two
sets to manufacture in reality.  Jabba's Sail Barge would almost as big as
an MTT.  The Palace would a more realistic option.

Dagobah Swamps: Swamp plants, Yoda's hut, Yoda, Luke, and R2-D2.  US $10

Yeah, this one is a good idea....more Yodas, but a little too cheap?

Hoth Patrol 1 and 2: Arranged as Lego would prefer, an ice cave made of
light blue BURP's with a Wompa (white colored Chewie), Luke and Han on • their
two legged creatures and an imperial probe droid. US $7 ea.

I think a re-modelled BURP-man would make a good Wompa.  A white Chewie fig
would look like a streak of bird sh*t.  I'm not sure about Tawn-Tawns (I
cannot remember how you spell it).  My idea would be to have Hoth Patrol 1
as Luke and a Wompa (plus a couple of BURPS, bricks for a cave senario).
Hoth Patrol 2 would be Chewie and Han plus the Probe Droid.

Ewok Attack 2: More Ewok fun with the log thrower, a couple of Ewoks and
Stormtroopers and some trees. US $15

Hmmm, I think the original Ewok Attack set pretty much covered the Ewok
spectrum of Star Wars.  How many more Stubbies do you want?  Too much of a
re-hash, so a bad idea.

Tusken Raiders: Small set with 2 Tusken raiders with weapons and a Bantha
creature.  US $7

I don't think Lego will do this because of the current EP II Tusken Raider
set.  You'd have two very similar sets back to back.

Jawa Sandcrawler: Built to the size of the MTT.  Includes two Jawas, C-3PO
and R2-D2.

Now this would kick ass if it was done right!!!  I think this model is real
possibility (we have stubbies and the new dark red color).  I think there
are too fewer figures in this set, how about 3 Jawas, C-3PO, R2-D2, Owen
Lars and Luke Skywalker (plus some random robot or two).  This would make it
feel more complete and more like a playset.  Price $50-60

Tie Bomber: A system scale Tie Bomber with tie pilot. US $20

Would sell for more like $25-28 because of the extra bricks.  Prehaps an
Imperial engineer could be thrown into this set.  Kinda like the scanning
crew officers.

T-16 Skyhopper: I just envision a T-16 with a Tatooine Luke. US $15

Another Luke in another model.  Unless the set had cool parts and was
cheaper I reckon this set would not sell and end up another Sith Infiltrator
for Lego.

So what else has been missed out, here are my ideas.....

Mos Eisley Cantina:  Kinda done in the way Watto's Junkyard was but way
better.  Architechture to include the bar front, a table and maybe a door
way.  Figures would include the Barman, Dr whathisname with the busted nose
and/or Ponda Barba, Obi-Wan, Luke, a Jawa and maybe another alien.  In fact
you could do this as two seperate sets that combine to make the Cantina.  A
tricky model to do.

Sandtrooper Patrol:  A nice easy set to manufacture using some of those Dino
parts.  One Bantha plus 2 Stormtroopers with backpacks and some sort of
plastic or cloth for those shoulder pads.  Price $15.

<snip>

Darth Joules