 Star Wars / 12256
    Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —Chuck Lang
   I am considering buying this pricey set, but I wanted to see if everyone here thought it was worth it first. I have not seen one in person so it is hard to judge. Thanks, Chuck (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —John R. Beck
     (...) Since the combination of lego and star wars is the coolest combination of hobbies in the entire history of all civilization. And since, the Runner is thee coolest starship in all of star wars. And, in a week or so, when it finally arrives at (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —Stephen F. Roberts
     (...) ...Well, I thought it was def. worth it! It is a great build (about 5 hrs for me and I enjoyed every bit of it) and a truly beautiful model to behold (usurped the place of the Tie Interceptor in my model display)... and the parts! chock full (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —Kerry Raymond
      (...) is (...) I too was considering this set, but was wondering the same thing. Then I saw one in person and I must say my interest cooled a bit. Fundamentally, I just don't find it an attractive model. It's impressive in terms of size, but (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —Ace Kim
     i bought it, built it, loved it. there are 52 white quarter cylinder elements. after building it, i find it highly unlikely that the ship can be converted to minifig scale without altering the size and/or appearance of ship. some possibility lies in (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —Joe Comeau
     I own this set and it's excellent. I also have the UCS sets and I feel the RBR is every bit as good, possibly better. It is far more creative with SNOT that in the UCS sets and you'll get a *lot* of build time (it also took me about 5 hours to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —John R. Beck
     My son (age 5) and I just built mine and we had a blast! It's an incredible ship. It's huge too. It's my all time favorite star wars ship. A bit flimsy though, and the highly touted dark red pieces seem to me to just be cheap manufacturing. In fact (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it?? —David Simmons
   Absolutely it's worth it! It also took me around 5 hours to build it, and what a blast! The way that the shape of the cockpit is achieved is terrific design because that's a difficult shape to make from bricks and plates. The parts are varied and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)