 Star Wars / 12039
Re: Thoughts on the (pre EpII) 2002 range
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 04:41:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.starwars, A. Mark Wilburn writes:

... too bad Harry Potter didn't force their
hand at all, with no ethnic diversity).

Actually, Harry Potter does have (some) ethnic diversity.  Just not in the
major characters.  If everyone in the movie is white, there's a problem.

But I doubt we'll see any minifigs of the non-white characters, unless they
release a "Gryffindor Quidditch Team" set, or something.  Even then, they'll
probably stick with yellow minifigs.

Steve

I am quite confused.  Why is it that most people think it is okay for 'white'
people to be made yellow but not 'black' people?  I personally belive either
everyone should be proper flesh tones or everyone should be yellow.  Why is it
okay for a double standard?

-Mike Petrucelli  (who was hoping SW would have had flesh tone figs from the
get go.  they made them yellow though so everyone should be yellow. no double
standards.)