 Star Wars / 11860
    Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) one (...) Well in the movie for whatever reason it is grey. How does a ship get 'dirty' in space? Magnetic space dust? (...) Well the way I look at it, they were grey in the movies therefore they should be grey in the model. Like I stated I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Bryan Wong
     (...) Yeah I agree - the model is simply stunning. I would've never imagined Lego to sell such a detailed model to the public. But the color is affecting my decision... Since it's white, I'm *planning* on buying one. If it was grey, I'd *definitely* (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Jason Spears
   (...) Maybe orange is cheaper? I don't know, but I guess it doesn't bother me so much. (...) Well in the case of the RBR maybe they flew thru a meterior storm. And in the case of the X-Wings, they can go astomospheric, so all sorts of alien dust (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mark Sandlin
     (...) If I recall correctly, in ROTJ, you can see an RBR or two in the background when the fighters are zooming through the rebel fleet in preparation for going into hyperspace. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Jason Spears
     (...) Ahh, but the question is, "Were they grey, white, or dirty white?" -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Knoot
      (...) It's perfectly clear. They were white with red trim. Like most things non-empire, they were all dirtied-up in the movie. Like the X-Wing. And kinda like a Sandtrooper. His armor was white, but in the movie they were all dirty looking. And, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mike Petrucelli
      (...) Well to me anyway, when watching the movies, I see the Sandtrooper as white with sand all over. The Corrvettes including the RBR simply look grey, not 'dirty' white. Same with the X-wings. Makes me wonder if your 'brightness' is too high on (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Knoot
       (...) I thought that was the real reason! ;) The Lucasfilm archive shots of the model show it as white with airbrushed "weathering" of some black paint to give it that "used" effect GL was going for in his universe. Lego was using reference shots (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

           Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mike Petrucelli
       (...) Its funny but I actually think your suggestion is the only way to make the model look as it is supposed to. Most people will probably not keep it like that though. Yes I wanted grey parts but as a model it would have been more astheticly (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Wanner
      (...) In a book I read stated that the models used in the movies were white coverd in dirt. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Wanner
     (...) Dirty white like the X-wings --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) suprised (...) The Rebel Blockade Runner was the rebel callsign (codename) of the Tantive IV. There was only one Rebel Blackade Runner. The RBR was a Correllian Corvette, which was used by the Empire and the Rebellion. So if TLC is advertising (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Jason Spears
      (...) Well I stand corrected. After reading your post, I went and looked it up, and indeed I was wrong. I be taking my foot out of my mouth now. -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Wanner
     (...) Star Wars The Visual Dictioary on page 12 said: TANTIVE IV--Princess Leia's consular starship is a Corellian Corvette, a common and traditional ship design seen throughout the galaxy. Blending in anonymously amongst galactic space traffic, so (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) would (...) IV. (...) Well the "Star Wars: Behind the Magic" CD-ROM it states; (not verbatim, but close enough) that the Empire belived the 'Rebel Blockade Runner' was a massive ship with enough firepower to defeat several Star Destroyers. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Jason Spears
     (...) <clip> (...) of (...) Well according to "Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vechicles and Vessels" - [ The famous "Rebel Blockade Runner" in acutality was a single ship named the Tantive IV. A Corellian corvette, the ship was registered as a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Shaun Sullivan
      (...) Remember, one should always devalue the information given in SW:EGVV by a goodly amount ... for example, it lists the height of the AT-AT as ~15m, which is much too small to be reconciled with the scenes in the movies [1]. EGVV does a nice job (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Wanner
     (...) Runner" because the rebellion only has one. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Kevin Wanner
   (...) Or they think that the orange is better because it is brighter (...) I think it is the only one they have because it is an Imperial ship bcause Leia claims that she is part of the Imperial senate Leia-- Darth Vader. Only you cuold be so bold. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H —Steve Bliss
   (...) More likely (sorry, I don't have any references), the Tantive IV was registered as an Alderaanian ship. It would make sense for a Senator from Alderaan to use one of her home planet's ships. Also, Alderaan was a member of the Empire, but was (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)