 Star Wars / 10215
Re: Lego AT-AT (secrets revealed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:09:12 GMT

Note that the AT-AT
has four forward facing (backward bending) knees, like an elephant...

Thinking about this, I realise I'm talking rubbish.  The elephant's front
legs actually have reversed knees, like I was describing for large
dinosaurs.  It just kept the front legs straight when walking briskly in the
footage (hoho) I was looking at.

In fact, the only animal I remember walking with four forward-facing knees
(like the AT-AT) is...  wait.. it'll come to me...

Dobbin, the pantomime horse from Rentaghost!

Yes, the only thing I can think of that walks like that is a pair of
over-excited equine impersonators.  Either that, or the world's second
shortest conga line.  So, exactly what were the animators in  ESB doing when
they should have been studying animal movement?  Fast-forwarding to the
mating documentary?  Watching early 80's kids TV re-runs?  Or getting blind
drunk at some very strange parties?

Jason Railton