 Star Wars / 10131
Re: Lego AT-AT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christer Rud Stoltz writes:
You can find a great set of blueprints of the AT-AT in the Essential Guide
to Vehicles. They've got a side, front, and rear blueprint. (I recently
found a mistake on the blueprints too!) They've got the side blueprint
online at starwars.com, but not the front and rear blueprints unfortunately.
Also, I have some photographs of an AT-AT model (non Lego) at:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/atat/ref/

And just so people know if they want to, I put up some pictures that I've
used (am using) to make the AT-AT, showing scale, etc. in:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/atat/walking/

(atatbody.GIF and toscale2.GIF are the ones to look at-- the others have to
do with the AT-AT walking) For anyone who actually wants to use my method,
copy the scale of the grid on "toscale2.GIF" (I use MSPaint for this 'cuz I
can pretty easily control pixels unlike in photoshop, which is a little
trickier to do-- better for photo editing, go figure) Then copy a part in
from "atatbody.GIF", and scale it 322% in each direction (horizontal &
vertical). Then place it where you'd like on the grid and that'll give you a
basic idea of scale, etc...

DaveE