 Star Wars / *9758 (-20)
  Re: Ultimate Lego set?

(...) this (...) It is nice and all, but is it a good parts set? :-) Jude (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ultimate Lego set?

Hi, I'm a little surprised that I can't find a reference in lugnet.starwars to this set at FAO Schwartz... Someone must have seen it... (URL) go to (URL) and search for "Darth Vader" - I'm referring to the first item on the list...) And I simply (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) But you must admit they had more of an emotional range than JarJar. I remember feeling sorry for the young Ewok who was wailing over his dead parent (I assume it was a parent, if not, it was a relative or friend). Where watching TPM I felt (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) "Ewoks have survival skills"? You're talking about a race that has wood-and-leather hang gliders, which they use in dense forest, against high-tech weapons. Sounds fairly insane to me. Almost as insane as the fact that they won. Bleh. Steve (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) Before the movie came out, people were asking all kinds of things about what the Jedi would be doing. Would there be a Lightsaber duel? Would there be force powers? Etc, etc. Lucas basically answered their questions by saying that what we saw (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) Or maybe just reaching down and cutting his hands off, eh? ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

Just to throw my two cents into the fray... While I agree the running away was a lousy special effect, I think I understand where GL was coming from with the super power effects. As I've gleaned from the various bits of written fiction, there were (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Note to owners of 8001 and 8002, cracking rubber bands!

I have had my Battle Droid and Droideka assembled since they came out. They have been up on a shelf ever since. Seeing that they are standing only inches from the ceiling, I hadn't checked them for dust in a while. I took them down and found little (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

(...) That's a very impressive Imperial Shuttle, quite detailed. I mostly like how you didn't use any sloped pieces on the top of the cockpit, but rather used plates instead... very well done. I also surfed around your site a little bit, I was also (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) I think that the movie was also degraded by the "super-powers" of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Lucas would put his characters in a particularly tight spot, and then have then overcome the situation by an introduction of incredible abilities. Ex: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

"Adrick Tolliver" <tolliver@tstar.net> wrote in message news:G3HLJq.C97@lugnet.com... (...) OK. That makes sense. I'd forgotten about the punishment thing from the Zahn book. I suppose it could be made to fit in. (...) No definitive reason, I guess. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) I'm very happy at your visiting my site. I'll update my pages to meet your expectation!! (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) Thank you for a comment. I think that such small models are suitable for us(Japanese) ,because we live in small house :P # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) I'm very grad at your comment! Especially,I'm grateful that you want to make one with your parts. # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

Well, I've been working on this on and off for a coupel of months now and I finally finished it up two weeks ago... Just as I saw the new 2001 Imperial Shuttle set! Well, there is some resembelance, but I did finish mine before I ever saw the 2001 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

I have to agree-- I expected much more from Maul... as is he was simply Darth Sidious' pawn, he didn't have his own agenda. Or at least not yet. He seemed to be like an anxious kid, eager to go out and kill Jedi, without any strategy save that which (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Too bad an Arctic parka probably won't fit on his head. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) The dumbest thing about them for me was that their Trade Federation masters had to appear via holo-radio (or whatever) to give them orders. Duh! And the roger-roger guff was silly, but I actually thought it was a fairly good way of throwing in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Yeah, he's more of the evil henchman kinda guy, but he was very cool and bad. (...) Since Episode 2 is most likely based on the Clone Wars, perhaps we shall see a clone (that fights Mace Windu... or something!!). (...) Boba Fett is really (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact