 Star Wars / *9393 (-20)
  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Eh? Which? That they're ripoffs of Stormtroopers, or that the Technic Stormtrooper looks like a Cylon? eric (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I have no problem with the fact that they made a non-machine. I have a problem with the fact that it bears nothing but the most passing of resemblences to a Stormtrooper. eric (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Who says that just because it's technic, it has to be a machine? We can build anything we want with LEGO System- buildings, vehicles, animals, and even sculptures of people. Why is Technic so limited then? Yes, it has tradionally been an all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) ...which was to prove Eric's original point, which I heartily agree with. :-) Here's the original for comparison: (URL) They look the same. ;-) (...) Ahh -- yes! Not that there's anything wrong with Cylons. :-) (...) I think they were (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

Hey! Don't insult Cylons like that! ~Mark (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I think TLC is just trying to milk the contract with Lucas for all it's worth and I think they have found the Technic line a bit of a hard fit, which I bet they didn't expect. I am a hugh SW fan but none of this Technic SW stuff has interested (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) !!!! I think you may have missed Todd's point. Anyway, I finally put my finger on what really bugs me about these atrocities, thanks to that picture... they look more like (everyone's favorite Stormtrooper ripoff) *Cylons* than Stormtroopers. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) they? eric (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) what the threaad was all about and saw the original set. ;-)... and even then it took another view of the frame to get it. ;-) I'd say you proved a point, Todd, at least to me. ;-) I'm no fan of technic, and no major-fan of SW (went to see the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Man, you guys are tough critics! I'm no SW expert, but I don't think it really looks *that* bad. Here's a frame from SW:Ep4 for comparison -- (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Trans-clear 2x2 round brick!

(URL) at the base of #1351 just to the right of the minifig. Could be a first! Some choice green bits in #1354. I LOVE the clapboard. Dave Tim Saupe <tsaupe@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:G2zsst.JKq@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Trans-red shuttle bay doors!

(URL) so jazzed that trans-red seems to resurfacing in the Alpha Teams sets. There's also a trans-red X-Wing/Y-Wing click-hinge cockpit. BTW, look closely at the baseplate at the bottom. It appears to be a Paradisa plate in dark gray. YESSS! Dave (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Good parts packs

That's essentially how I see them. The Stormtrooper will be a great source of white Technic parts and C3P-0 has some interesting gold parts and gold decorated tiles. I don't find either design very appealing. Threepio works a little better because (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) My wife suprised me with the Pit Droid last Valentine's Day, and while I really like it for sentimental reasons, I've done just about nothing with the parts. I like to think of myself as "old school" in regards to Technic, but I'm sure that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO 2001

(...) Tim (if you're reading), could/would you (pretty please with cherries on top) give Kevin permission to copy the images onto his site so that more people can access them? --Todd (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I hope that you are right, but I think that it is the Emperor inside the shuttle...the fig seems to have markings on the face that are very similar to the Emperor's. (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO 2001

(...) I'ts a matter of netiquette. I'd be more than happy to put them up if they gave permission. Sure they don't own the images, but someone did go through the trouble of procuring the catalogs and scanning them in. That takes effort and I want to (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO 2001

(...) Why not? Does FBTB own the copyright on the images any more than anyone else who isn't TLC? If the server is buckling and you've got a big enough bandwidth straw, why not help out? (Not criticizing, just curious.) I would help but I get (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO 2001

(...) I was only getting < 1kb/sec but I don't see and article on /. yet. I'm sure it will be soon though. I did finally manage to download them all for my personal reference. Of course I won't upload them to BrickShelf unless fbtb asks me too. KL (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) resembles the Stormtrooper by only using Technic style elements. It's the same kind of building technique as eg. in the 8448 Technic Supercar. I'm sure no LEGO designers believe that an ordinary car has a body which is only outlined by (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact