 Star Wars / 9390
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Shiri Dori writes:
I'd say you proved a point, Todd, at least to me. ;-) I'm no fan of technic,
and no major-fan of SW (went to see the movies becasue lego started the
sets! ;-), but those aren't that bad...

!!!!

I think you may have missed Todd's point.

...which was to prove Eric's original point, which I heartily agree with.  :-)

Here's the original for comparison:

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/temporary/stormtroopers.html

See?  They look the same.  ;-)

Anyway, I finally put my finger on what really bugs me about these
atrocities, thanks to that picture... they look more like (everyone's
favorite Stormtrooper ripoff) *Cylons* than Stormtroopers.

Ahh -- yes!  Not that there's anything wrong with Cylons.  :-)

WTF is Lego thinking?

I think they were thinking, "Hey, let's make a Stormtrooper out of Technic
parts."  That will bring in 2.3 bazillion more dollars in fiscal 2001.  And
then when they made it, and it turned out the way it did, they said, "Huh.
Hrrm.  Well, that didn't turn out.  But -- heyyyy -- those rabid Star Wars
fans, they'll buy anything!  Muahahahaaaa!"

I hate to say anything too mean about it, so I'll just say that if it gets
cancelled before the product line actually comes out, it'll be the first
set that I wouldn't be sad to see cancelled.  :-)

But the little minifig Stormtrooper looks awesome, IMHO!!!

--Todd

p.s.  This we'll ever get a Technic Ewok?