 Star Wars / 9391
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
This has to be one of the ugliest things I have seen!  If they didn't tell me
what it was I would have never guessed it was a Stormtrooper.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/techsw03.jpg

I really, really, really hope LEGO didn't think that a Stormtrooper was a
Robot. :-(.

I now know at least one 2001 set I won't be buying.

Eric Kingsley

Who says that just because it's technic, it has to be a machine?  We can build
anything we want with LEGO System- buildings, vehicles, animals, and even
sculptures of people.  Why is Technic so limited then?  Yes, it has tradionally
been an all vehicle line, with robots recently added in.  And even robots can
be modeled after non-robots, I belive there was a Technic Tyrannosaurus rex in
1995.  Maybe now it is time for the next step.  I'd like to see a technic
Castle- anyone have enough beams?
I personally love the new Star Wars Technic sets, I can't wait to see their
alternates.