 Star Wars / 9388
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:03:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
This has to be one of the ugliest things I have seen!  If they didn't tell
me what it was I would have never guessed it was a Stormtrooper.

I don't get it either.  It definitely is ugly, and I agree, I wouldn't
have been able to guess what it was if a third-grader showed me and made
me guess.

Man, you guys are tough critics!  I'm no SW expert, but I don't think it
really looks *that* bad.  Here's a frame from SW:Ep4 for comparison --

  http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/temporary/stormtroopers.jpg

Todd,

Thanks for proving my point ;-).  Man those things are ugly.

I think TLC is just trying to milk the contract with Lucas for all it's worth
and I think they have found the Technic line a bit of a hard fit, which I bet
they didn't expect.  I am a hugh SW fan but none of this Technic SW stuff has
interested me in the least.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/