 Star Wars / *8233 (-20)
  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) Interesting how we disagree here... this is the one and only major beef I have with this set... The Starwars sets are the only series that LEGO has produced with well-done and fairly theme-generic detailing, and the stickers in this set are no (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) I agree. I'm looking forward to TRU stocking up on these when they see how fast they are moving then getting stuck with a bunch after the first big rush is over then marking them way down then me buying them at like 75% off. I am also waiting (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars minifig only sets available?

(...) anyone (...) Aside from the various Lego retail stores (I know of one at the Mall of America, and at Legoland CA, but I know there are more) the only way to get the minifigs is by mailorder. S@H should have them, you can also get them (at a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS TIE Interceptor have an Alternate Model?

Does the TIE Interceptor come with instructions for an alternate model? I've seen scans of the X-Wing's alternate model so I'm guessing that the TIE does as well. Thanks, Jim (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars minifig only sets available?

I have not seen them in the stores, but perhaps Shop@home has them. Can anyone advise if there are minifig only sets for sales and where? - Marc (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mirror image photos on Minifig set cards.

(...) Yes, I noticed this on the Han Solo card, but didn't look at the others. I also thought it was odd that the two bikerscouts had different card fronts, while all of the other sets (RR, Ninja, etc) have the same front for all of the figs. Ben (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Mirror image photos on Minifig set cards.

I was looking at the cards that come with the starwars minifig sets and I noticed some of the figures are Mirror imaged on the cards. Has anyone else notice this? I found the following to be backwards. Han Solo One of the Biker Scouts Darth Vador (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minifig sets arrived...

Hi, I had a nice package waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. A carton containing 3 three backordered minifig sets (3341,3342,3343) was on my porch. Only 1 Star Wars LEGO set I'm waiting on now....Dark Side Developer. Of course, I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) There were a bunch of parts that I loved... (unique? I don't know, perhaps, but more likely just odd pieces I'd never seen before or colors I hadn't seen before)... The dk. grey engine pieces (at the end) were completely new to me, as was the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

Total snippage of original post... While I love the photos of the UCS X-wing that have been posted on-line, and in the catalog, I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the box at TRU in Dallas. The larger photo shows more detail, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  photography question

I'm sure this is off topic, but I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's, and there doesn't seem to be a good place to ask this question. Anyways - how do people take pictures of their creations. What kind of film/camera do people use, etc... I built a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing

(...) I have not noticed this problem with mine. In fact I was surprised at how well it balances on the stand in either of the three positions. Ben (remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) I dunno for certain that the yellow 'figs are "white" folks. I think they are just "people." I for one hope that Lando comes out with yellow skin. (...) It's the 20th century. 21st doesn't start until 2001. Chris (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

"Jorge Rodriguez" <rodriguez.136@osu.edu> wrote in message news:3964aff4.154699...net.com... (...) I agree. Please set all follow-ups to this in rec.toys.lego so we don't have to deal with it anymore. (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) There's one in the 2000 Adventurers line. Steve (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) It is a double standard because you choose to make it a double standard. I see NO comparison to a 6 foot tall model of thousands of lego bricks, to a mini-fig. In their Duplo line, they chose to make "races", but they have not chosen to do so (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) To me minifigs were always Puerto Rican and they spoke Spanish as a main language. And they were dark skinned or permanently tan or ghostly white since we cover the whole spectrum but still Puerto Rican. Minifigs are what you want them to be. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) First off, the duplo-figs are different than the minifigs. They are not portrayed as yellow at all, only 'white' or 'black'. OTOH, there aren't any black *mini*figs. True, TLC created one (1! just one!) red minifig, but that was over 20 years (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Gerry and all, Well said, in terms of the race issue. I was making a sarcastic reply to the "black pack" when I referred to the "white pack". I am rather tired of the endless debates in terms of SW, TLG, and race, and that is where this comment came (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

I agree on the race issue, however Lego has made some "people" of different ethnicities. There's a "black" duplo guy. I've also seen, on more than one occasion, a "large minifig" built out of regular Lego bricks, by Lego employees, that was "black." (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact