 Star Wars / *8213 (-20)
  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Yeah, except the ones with Oriental people (who oddly enough have the same skin color as 'white people') or Native Americans (who oddly enough have the same skin color as 'white people', even though there are plenty of them who are darker in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Would you be happy with dark yellow? The fact that lego is making the ethnic sets, indian or oriental, should tell you that yellow is just the basic color for minifigures. You do not see red used for indians although yellow is used for (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Scott, please let me introduce you to a secret that I'm fairly sure most lego users are hip to... The "yellow" minifigs are representations of human beings who are lighter in skin color, i.e. white people. EVERY LEGO SET EVER MADE IS A PROVERBIAL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Damien, (...) postings, (...) start (...) wars (...) that (...) and (...) Yeah, and then they should make a white pack too. FUT-> Off.topic.debate Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) LEGO Parts at Great (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS X-Wing

Well, I have had my UCS X-Wing for a little over a month now and I swear, I have been so scaried of coming home from work and finding it on the floor. The stand sucks! I was on the floor last night 1400 pieces all over my living room floor. I am (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  who's feelin the black pack?

This comes partially in reply to the thread of "dear mr. lucas" postings, and partially as a continuation of an opinion that I will continue to represent to the lugnet community and to TLG. Now that lego can make the faces of the minifigs with any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) Wow! That was exactly the problem I had! Thanks for the tip. The funny thing is it ALMOST balances with the back round thing off by one stud, so I assumed it was the like the click hinges and just not a good design. Actually, seeing how they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) C Chris, I just wanted you to know that that was the most awesome post I have ever read. While I was reading it I heard several people humming America the Beautiful in the background. Excuse me, I need to wipe a tear from my eye. If more (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wierd Dream

"Michael Nelson" <Soldier01624@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fx8F8K.E7I@lugnet.com... (...) variations (...) skin) In a way, you answered your own question. There is no race associated with what you referred to as "normal yellow skin". Lego (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

See the following. I agree heartily. Who really cares anyway? If it means that much to you, paint them yourself. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) You are not crazy I did not have this problem the first time I put it together but did the second time. Problem turned out to be one of the small round discs (sorry, I don't know the official name) was not in the exact spot per the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

I would like to ask everyone a question. When was the last time you saw a yellow human being? I have seen some WHITE white people, and some very dark black people (yes black, because everyone who is black is not African American), but I have never (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Disappointing Pod Racing Bucket

(...) Even so, they could have upped the piece count or lowered the price--perhaps by putting it in a compact, inexpensive box rather than a big, pricey, mostly empty bucket--and sold more sets. If it were a toss-up between a $80 "full" set or a $25 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) Yes, it is a good rendition. Especially the unbalanced bit. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Emperor unique? Don't think so.

(...) LOL! That *must* be the reason. Both the Luke and Han minifigs appear to be 'unique' to this set. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Disappointing Pod Racing Bucket

(...) I was talking as an AFOL here. I was so glad when I started to earn my own money and I could buy sets, instead of watching all those nice 70th and 80th castle-, space- and trainsets go by. How I craved for those sets! My dark age had pure (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

If they've been able to avoid with the number of sets from all four films up to this point without including an African-American or otherwise ethnic minifig and still have the enormous success these sets have had, I don't see them taking any risks (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Collectible mini-figs packs

(...) love those shovels... -- Richard (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yea, new use by Lego for Kaadu reigns...

Just noticed they use the Kaadu reigns for roll bar protection in the new 6519 Turbo Tiger set. Now if they can just find a use for the Kaadu themselves. Maybe it would pass for a Duck Billed Dino for the Adventurers. Jason F. (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wierd Dream

(...) Again, Lego people are yellow. They are not any type of race. I don't see why Lego has not made African American SW characters (Mace Windu, Lando). Hmm... has Lego identified if the Flash Speeder driver is Captain Panaka...? -- Agent 0007 New (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact