 Star Wars / *10018 (-20)
  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) And (...) wheels. (...) fire (...) The "real" R2D2 has enough vertical movement with its third "leg" so that when fully extended, it can go up and down stairs. A scene showing this was cut from Episode 1. (There was also a scene cut during (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

Xanthra47 <Xanthra47@Inphotek.com> wrote in message news:G4rnEn.M3G@lugnet.com... (...) I wonder if anyone will be implementing the function it had in EP4 when Luke Skywalker landed on the planet Yoda came from. R2D2 zapped him with a charge from a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC At-st

(...) "So this At-At walks into a bar and the bartender asks ... 'why the long face?'" ha ha ha? Sorry - great MOC :) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOC At-st

I just finished an at-st. let me know what you think. It is way to skinny and 10 cm higher than minifig scale, but aside from that i think it is pretty good. the legs can bend at all of the joints and I forgot to show this cuz i ran out of time to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale Millennium Falcon

(...) How about a picture of yours?... (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) The (...) a (...) Heh heh, nothing like a few overhead monitors to make that computer control room look even better. I have a few of them, but I always want more! Excellent, even though the other news isn't as good. Scott S. -- Want LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

I'm working a few of these ideas, but basically I was annoyed at how *SMALL* it was (the DDK) so I've started making a "life" sized R2 simmilar to Eric Harshburger's and the one at Legoland, but this won't be a static sculpture. The head will turn, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) Mario Ferrari made an awesome R2 model named 'Otto'. see: (URL) David (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) <snip> (...) I look forward to seeing your "more functional" R2... another thing that would be cool is if you could make him "waddle" when in bipedal mode like he does in the films... I'm pretty sure he can roll only in tripedal mode. Also, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Going way back, but I have one in yellow from 6941 Battrax, and one in antifreeze from 6956 Stellar Recon Voyager. There was also one in red in the 6781  SP-Striker. Unfortunately, I missed a good price on one just a week ago on eBay. Doh! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) That would stand to reason, since the TIE Pilots in the movie wore black Stormtrooper helmets with hoses coming out of them. Probably the same piece molded in black. (...) My guess: It's a 4x3 slope with printing. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Huh! I never knew that... serves me right for not buying town Jr. sets I guess.... The only one I ever knew of was in Blacktron I's Battrax way back when in 1987... I think I may have seen it once elsewhere, but I figured it was kinda like the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Well, you're part of the "Eric" contingent, and we all know what trouble that is... (...) That's pretty cool. If you have the space to implement it, it would work very nicely. In a smaller design, the Technic 1/2 pins (whatever they're called) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Ha! When I saw Slave I, I thought it was a new piece! But apparently it's been in Res-Q in black all along. I've actually woken up and noticed it in other sets as well, like some town ones. In opaque, it seems to have become Town Jr's favorive (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) COOL! I want that light grey canopy top! I want I want I want! Short of the Slave-I, when was the last time they even released that piece? Or has it been floating around in Res-Q or something unnoticed by me? :) DaveE (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) Can't speak to your questions about the shuttle, I don't have one yet, but I can say for certain that the TIE pilot has a different helmet than the Stormtrooper. James (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) Hmmm... Looking at these, I've noticed a few things: Is it me or is the TIE pilot just a Stormtrooper painted black? The helmets look like the same piece. Is the intake vent under the shuttle's dorsal a new piece or some weird optical-illusion (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Improving Mindstorms R2???

I just nabbed a second copy of the Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit[1], and I've been thinking about how to make a better R2, and what the functions should be. Then I realized I wasn't even sure what functions the reel R2 has... So, in the interests (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) We'll start with the fact that I detest clones. I know not everyone feels that way, but I don't like to use them. Apart from that, though, there's a fairly simple LEGO solution... the 'L' shaped plate (the one with a 2x2 area on both sides of (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) I know clones aren't generally well-liked, but the semi-mythical male:male connector plate by MegaBloks or TYCO can turn a regular upright computer screen into an inverse, sort of. And you have to tolerate the clone's presence, of course... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact