 Space / Search Results: P-38
 Results 201 – 220 of 303.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Pander Hunter, an entry for the P-38 contest

Hello all! Alexander and I were just reading up on Lugnet when Jon posted the exciting contest. Alexander had a half-finished SNOTty fighter on the desk and he was stuck, so we decided to change it into a P-38. The Ceres Spaceworks Pander Hunter: (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.003)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry

(...) I'll take 'clever', 'cool', 'radical' and 'oddball', but I don't know about 'too'. In thinking of a 'space' version, I went to three dimensions and no 'right way up' so I 'squared' it. I could easily remove two of the wings and connect the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.003)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry

(...) Thank you, Joseph, for your kind words and the 'beyond words' about which we can only speculate. I know I am often speechless before some designs too. I went back to my gallery and realized that I hadn't posted an image that showed the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: IL-83 Thunderstrike: A P-38 Contest Entry

"Ian Lauer" <humveeij@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Ht1pGG.D47@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) I like the how you broke up the plane of the tail section and skewed the angles, that looks really interesting. The slide open canopy is also (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction.

(...) Jon Palmer and I were looking at your ship last night. It's very well done. We don't get a lot of Star Trek themed ships posted to .space, I think because the ST spaceships you see on TV are generally very large. Well done! -Grand Admiral (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry

(...) Ley- this thing rocks!! There are so many cool details, and your unique way of putting bricks together shines through in spades. It even has a color scheme! (heh) (...) Heh, that sounds familiar. (...) That is truly beautiful. Canopies that (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry

(...) Thank you, Keith. I'm glad you like it, and that you point out two of my favourite parts. I shall definitely re-use both the cockpit and the arch ideas in the future. The vibe will come to you if you let it. This ship has a certain modularity (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry (and build notes)

(...) Thank you kindly, Gil. I've always admired your work, but I don't know if I've had the opportunity to say so. So, there it is. Speaking of 'departure', those 1x6x6 slopes have an infuriating tendency to leap off of their point of attachment at (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry

(...) I'd advise against it. The design, as it stands, is very innovative and just plain cool. Who cares if it isn't P-38ish? This is maybe your best moc so far, and, i think, your most ambitious. While i always enjoy the creative little bots and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Pander Hunter, an entry for the P-38 contest

(...) Thanx for the praise on the ships and you're spot on with the remarks about the site. When I finish the job I'm doing right now (I am LUGNETting in office time!) I should really do something about the lousy scripting. Alexander (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Pander Hunter, an entry for the P-38 contest

(...) Thanx. It was what I was going for. I first used sand-colored bricks, but they were still too dark, but the older white bricks did the job. Alexander (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

  The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction.

Hello everybody, My name is Dirk van Zuilen and I have been lurking for well over a year now. Mr. Palmer's contest seemed like a nice way to finally introduce myself. I'm 31 years old and have been collecting since the age of 6. In that time I've (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space) !

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction.

(...) Thank you for the welcome. You're quite right in your observation about the size of Star Trek ships. Most minifig scale builders (myself included) stay well under the 100 studs mark. For ST that's a big shuttle. If you want to build a "true" (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction.

(...) Thanks Steve, Now you mention it, it is a bit Steamrunnery. I wasn't aware of that when I was building it. The Warp engines were fun to figure out, it took about 10 days before I came up with the final design. I started out with a simple studs (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction.

(...) It can be pretty scary too. (...) Glad you like it. Dirk (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest

(...) Thanks for your kind reply Allister, it really means something to read a feedback of some-sort.. That's what prevented many fellow FBTB members to post around here.. But honestly, Lugnet was my first LEGO home, but it's intimidating huge size (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest

In lugnet.space, Joseph Kazmo wrote: Snip (...) Welcome (back) to .space, Joseph. You won't find me commenting on Star Wars themed creations much here. I can't speak with much authority about it; I only saw the original movie when it came out, in a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest

Hello, My name is Joseph Kazmo (aka Darkkazmo), I’m an AFOL and also a Lugnet member, but I haven’t been posting here due to the lack of interest in the Star Wars theme here over Lugnet.. You might assume that I’m a Star Wars LEGO fan and also a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Pander Hunter, an entry for the P-38 contest

(...) I checked out your site a bit and I really like your ships- in particular the simple elegance of the Flytail and (at the other end of the spectrum) the harsh-angled and techy Zheng he. A lot of the other stuff is neat as well, and I think I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

38
(score: 1.002)

  Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest

(...) A few of us spotted this a couple days back in chat Joeseph...it has a great 'fusion' feel to it....a little Matrix, a little Star Wars a little something all it's own. It's interesting that you use only the SW sets in multiples to create your (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

38
(score: 1.002)

More:  Next Page >>