 Space / 31226
Re: IL-83 Thunderstrike: A P-38 Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:51:47 GMT

"Ian Lauer" <humveeij@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
The Osiris Corporation gives you the IL-83 Thunderstrike:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/humveeij/IL83Thunderstrike/il83overall3.jpg

If you want to see (tons) more pictures, here's the gallery link:

Enjoy! Best of luck to everyone!

I like the how you broke up the plane of the tail section and skewed the
angles, that looks really interesting.  The slide open canopy is also nicely
done.  I don't think you designed it this way, but it almost looks as though
you can remove the top section and make it a kind of mini-flyer.  Like the
entire nose section, the cockpit, the engines, the and the upper wing (only
out to the engines) could disconnect from the body (the wider wings and tail
booms).

-- Tom

p.s.  Though completely unrelated to space, your Temple of Anubis is really
cool too.  :)