 Space / 961
Re: No new space sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:28:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Miller writes:
Nephilim <jthompson@esker.com> wrote:
Not trying to be overly argumentative - I could hazard a guess that
LEGO might be prohibited from selling "futuristic space ships" and
that current NASA-esque sets wouldn't fall under that theme.  But
that's hazarding a guess.  Wish I knew the source of this licensing
rumor.

I don't buy it. I think it far more likely that Lego has _decided_ that Star
Wars is filling the role of a space theme.

Until I understand where the licensing-prevents-LEGO-from-selling-
non-star-wars-spaceships came from, that is my theory as well.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"