 Space / 7504
Re: NASA Space Shuttle and crawler (preview)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:30:04 GMT

"A. Mark Wilburn" <amwilburn@iname.com> wrote in message

Sweeeet! This looks great, and with a payload I can imagine it will have • awesome
playability.
It never would have occured to me to use the windshield from the Imperial
Shuttle on a space shuttle, but it works great.
You're right, that is what he used... I didn't notice that! I hadn't • thought
of that either... it works really well.

Yeah, the use of the Imperial Shuttle canopy was actually a last-minute
inspiration... I had "finished" the orbiter and I was rather unhappy with
how the windscreen had turned out. There really wasn't any good window
pieces in my collection that would allow for the "curved around" look whilst
also allowing the cockpit to fit two astronaut 'figs. Then I looked over at
the Imperial Shuttle sitting on my desk and the proverbial light bulb
appeared over my head... the result isn't necessarily accurate-looking, but
yeah, I think that it does work quite well given the scale constraints.

Paul B.: more pictures please! The
smaller scale really works for the launch pad, and it's still nicely
detailed... nicely done.

Thanks! I guess I'd better take a couple more pictures to show more details.
I really was planning to start my next building project tonight... :-\

--

Cheers,
Paul