 Space / 6619
Re: Missing Multicore wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:14:42 GMT

Okay, I've been sort of following this threat for a while and I'm utterly lost.

Are there three or four sizes of the plastic tires? If there are four - and
the MCM has these super
giant wheels - doesn't it seem odd that Lego didn't use the MCM wheels
somewhere else?

Are there other parts that are completely unique to a single set?

Evil Wayne

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:

In lugnet.space, Scott Sanburn wrote:

Actually, there are four different sizes.  Small and medium are fairly
common in the last few years (but I'm guessing we won't see them again
soon).  Large wheels appeared in a few sets, but I don't remember any after
the post-Classic Space subthemes (i.e., SPII, BTII, M:Tron).

But you're right, only the MCM had the giant wheels.

Actually it looks like the new Watto's junkyard set has 4 red ones. I
can't tell from the picture if they're are large or medium. Also,
didn't the insectoid set planetary prowler have 2 large blue ones?

Set <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6919> had 4 blue medium wheels and 2 large
blue wheels.

I realize a lot of people didn't like the Insectoids, but I thought this
one was a neat giant space cricket. :)

Steve