 Space / 4981
Re: Very cool ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:02:35 GMT

From: "Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu>

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
I've been out of it for a bit so I don't know if this has been posted.

Whoa!  I sure haven't seen *that* before.  I'd remember it!

OK, this is getting silly. I posted it last night, but Jon didn't check
Lugnet before he posted a link to it. :^\

No big deal, tho.

You guys can check my personal website if you want to read the little blurb
I typed up on it.

This is really really really cool.

It's sort of like the anti-Spiffcraft.  Or a vertical-flying
Old Moon Pie.

Heh. Moon Pie.

I'm not sure what that means.

I think it means that the MOC rocks.  This is easily my favourite
so far this year--and it's in a LOT of august company.  Mark's just
handled the 'molluscness' so incredibly well--the 3/4 after view is
my favourite (neverwhere03.jpg), because it shows off the stepped
venting, and makes excellent use of the highly banal 4x9 tapered
biplane wings.

:^) I love those wings!  I don't know why, but I just think they're very
cool. The lend themselves very well to wingy protrusions.

The engines fill the open quarter extremely nicely,
and to round the open segment out, it's only fitting that this be
the first model I've seen that uses the new click-segments for
landing gear!

I had the idea for this thing a couple days ago, and I thought to myself
"Now if I can get some of those new pieces, I can make some cool landing
gear" So I went to TRU, and lo and behold! They had the new pieces and I
used them!

Why, it's even enough for me to overlook the fact that I'd been
planning to re-MOC _Suffren_ with some hemisphere siding next
year, and agree that this is by far the more impressive effort.

Thanks! :^)

As for that sliding-panel weapons shield...excellent engineering.
If it locks down securely when not in use, I'm even that much more
impressed.

It does, in fact, lock down. The foward edge of the saucer snaps onto the
stud on the front of the laser cannon. :^) That was more by accident than by
design, but it works.

If you're coming to BrickFest or something, make sure
you DO NOT TAKE THIS APART.  I demand the right to 'whoooooosh' it
around, dagnabit, and since I'm almost 30 and should act more
maturely, I'll slap an injunction on you to preserve it!  Don't
*make* me call Johnnie Cochran...(BIG grin, in case you didn't know.)

If you guys want me to be at Brickfest you're gonna have to start a "bring
Mark to brickfest" fund. I live in Seattle, after all. :^\

Anyways, Mark, superb job.  My only possible suggestion would be
to 'roughen up' the flight profile--get some scaly-detail in the
section between the saucers so that the neat layering effect aft is
carried forward to the canopy joints.  But MAN do I love that after
quarter-view!

Hmmm, I kind of like the smooth forward edge that roughens up at the rear.
Good suggestion, tho.

Can we make a contest for this?  Just for this one ship?

How would that work exactly? ;^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations