 Space / 4969
Re: Very cool ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:53:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
I've been out of it for a bit so I don't know if this has been posted.

   Whoa!  I sure haven't seen *that* before.  I'd remember it!

This is really really really cool.

   It's sort of like the anti-Spiffcraft.  Or a vertical-flying
   Old Moon Pie.

I love the kind of organic look. I love how original it looks. Its funny
cause I saw it on Brickshelf and looked at it really quick because I'm a
huge Gaiman fan (still haven't read the book even though I own it) and then
I saw who made it and was like Doh! I'll get you Sandlin! I'm not sure what
that means.

   I think it means that the MOC rocks.  This is easily my favourite
   so far this year--and it's in a LOT of august company.  Mark's just
   handled the 'molluscness' so incredibly well--the 3/4 after view is
   my favourite (neverwhere03.jpg), because it shows off the stepped
   venting, and makes excellent use of the highly banal 4x9 tapered
   biplane wings.  The engines fill the open quarter extremely nicely,
   and to round the open segment out, it's only fitting that this be
   the first model I've seen that uses the new click-segments for
   landing gear!

   Why, it's even enough for me to overlook the fact that I'd been
   planning to re-MOC _Suffren_ with some hemisphere siding next
   year, and agree that this is by far the more impressive effort.

   As for that sliding-panel weapons shield...excellent engineering.
   If it locks down securely when not in use, I'm even that much more
   impressed.  If you're coming to BrickFest or something, make sure
   you DO NOT TAKE THIS APART.  I demand the right to 'whoooooosh' it
   around, dagnabit, and since I'm almost 30 and should act more
   maturely, I'll slap an injunction on you to preserve it!  Don't
   *make* me call Johnnie Cochran...(BIG grin, in case you didn't know.)

   Anyways, Mark, superb job.  My only possible suggestion would be
   to 'roughen up' the flight profile--get some scaly-detail in the
   section between the saucers so that the neat layering effect aft is
   carried forward to the canopy joints.  But MAN do I love that after
   quarter-view!

   Can we make a contest for this?  Just for this one ship?

   best

   LFB