 Space / 3981
Re: Volkswagen B3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:17:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:

I love the model!

Thanks!

Orange is a nice color for it, even if it is actually
yellow :)

Argh.  You're not the first person to say that.  I guess I'll have to re-shoot
it this weekend in natural light...

It really captures the look of a Beetle while obviously being a
spacecraft of sorts.  The thrusters aren't just tacked on... (Interstellar
seems to stretch it though :)

Well, see, the thing is, I... that is, they....

Yeah, well, I needed it to be interstellar for the purposes of the story I
wrote, so I figure there's some sort of really high-tech nonsense going on.
After all, X-wings and Y-wings aren't *much* bigger (in terms of room for a
hyperdrive, anyway).

In the end, though, I'll plead the "Space:  Above and Beyond" approach.  They
constantly talk about going between star systems in those tiny little
spacecraft, but they never show it or talk about how.

Presentationwise, I suggest putting the text and images in a table to keep
everything in a neat organized column instead of having the width change
randomly down the page.

Yeah, alright, I was lazy.  I usually do use tables for that kind of thing, you
can see them elsewhere on my site.  I'll go back and throw them into tables to
clean it up.

eric