 Space / 4012
Re: Volkswagen B3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...

I love the model!  Orange is a nice color for it, even if it is actually
yellow :)  It really captures the look of a Beetle while obviously being a
spacecraft of sorts.  The thrusters aren't just tacked on... (Interstellar
seems to stretch it though :)

Pah!

You know, it never ceases to mystify me about how people studiously point
out which pseudoscience isn't "feasible" according to some arcane,
unmentioned and most importantly _singular_ reference material which
apparently dictates how everything is going to work in "the future".

Well, in my "universe", any craft, no matter how _small_, shall be referred
to as "interstellar" if it has a double-size fuel tank to allow passage
through the Hyperspace Tunnels between neighbouring systems.

Wormhole generators... Pah! Hyperdrives...  A spaceship needs not such
things. How dark ages... I suppose we should still be using ferries to cross
rivers too, yes? ;-)

So, your world bases its spacefaring technology on something similar to
Jumpgate technology from Babylon 5?  That always seemed one of the more
reasonable ways to get from point A to point B.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com