 Space / 3980
Re: Here I go again...another GS idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:10:49 GMT

Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net>

Ok this ones a litlle odd but hear me out.
What about a section that could be a gallery of Captains? A small photograph
or a render would be good. There could be a small bio on the captain. It
could be funny, serious --whatever. A quote from the captain might even be
nice. Each captain would be linked with his/her/it's ship. this could be a
simple section. I could just put it on one page instead of individual
sections.

Hey, now that sounds fun. :^) Count me in.

Now I know not everyone (including me at the moment) has a picture of
their Captain and that would be a small problem. Maybe someone (heck I could
help with this too) could supply a render for the pictureless individual
(after they gave a description of the head, and legs and whatnot.)

I can also do this, as long as the parts are available. I have a digital
camera that takes real nice closeups. If I don't personally have a part
available, there are other AFOLs in the area who can provide them.

Again I'm just throwing ideas around. My goal for this site is still the
same. First priority is for it to be a good list of the largest space
creations in one place. And on the level below that I want it to have a real
sense of community. In the end it will hopefully also have a kind of theme
to it like a space truck stop (for lack of a better phrase at the moment) in
a way. Where builders have come to share ideas, building tips, stories and
such.

If you build a truck stop, I'll make sure the Space Winnebago is there. ;^)

~Mark