 Space / 4014
Re: Here I go again...another GS idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:49:09 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote in message ...

Ok this ones a litlle odd but hear me out.
What about a section that could be a gallery of Captains? A small • photograph
or a render would be good. There could be a small bio on the captain. It
could be funny, serious --whatever. A quote from the captain might even be
nice. Each captain would be linked with his/her/it's ship. this could be a
simple section. I could just put it on one page instead of individual
sections.
   Now I know not everyone (including me at the moment) has a picture of
their Captain and that would be a small problem. Maybe someone (heck I • could
help with this too) could supply a render for the pictureless individual
(after they gave a description of the head, and legs and whatnot.)

This doesn't sound odd at all, in fact I remember going to many a
yet-another-castle-page and seeing a list of yet-another-castle-character
pictures with their
yet-another-fought-dragons-palace-intrigue-killed-my-brother-dark-secret
character bios.  Woo. ;-)

I say it's high time we did this over here in space, and showed 'em how to
_really_ do it! The quote thing sounds very cool, I haven't seen that done
before and that's what I'd go for. Let's face it, "he flies a spaceship
around" is pretty much taken for granted so it'd be better to concentrate on
personalities and quotes are a fantastic way to do it.
Of course for the captains to be in the gallery they would be famous for
some reason, hence perhaps a short description of their wilder, more
outlandish stunts, their "claim to fame" if you will, something along the
lines of "once piloted a ship through the nefarious Hades Nebula powered
only by seven vats of lemon juice and a tin of bicarb soda." or something
like that.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/
"Antagonism, not competition! Wait, no. The other way around."