 Space / 3805
Re: Dan the Man is at it again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:

Wing Commander! You know you wanna! You know you wanna build the T.C.S.
MidwaY. Come on. You know you wannna. I am attempting to build a minifig
Vampire. Let's work together!

Hehe, G'day Rick.  Yeah, I know..., but here's the thing. I'm a
pilot from the old guard.  I sharpened my teeth in WC aboard the
TCS Tigers Claw, and then came back to avenge her destruction in
WCII.  Plus I flew more Special Ops than I can remember.  But
that was a pretty long career, and in the end I just couldn't
keep up with the new technology that all the young hot-shots
out of the academy were fluent in...

In other words, my old 486 wouldn't let me play WCIII and onward  :]

So if I built anything it'd be Hornets, Schimitars (ugh!), Raptors,
and Rapiers.  Plus things like the Sabre, TCS Tigers Claw, Jalthi,
Gratha, Ralari, etc.  There's definitely lots of build options
there.  Even a Dorkir transport would be fun.  I think maybe I'll
try to microfig everything starting with the fighters, and work
my way up from there.  That could keep the cap ships to a reasonable
size.  Makes for boring fighters tho!  :]

KDJ

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I played WC2 & 3 on a friend's system I only have
WC1 and the special ops expansion. Now that I think back, I don't think I ever
actually /finished/ 2 or 3.. I don't remember the Tiger's Claw being
destroyed.. I'm not worthy!

Micofig sounds promising, actually. I might just have to give that a shot. It
depends HOW small you microsize (is that a word?? <G>) things. I used to make
micro sized space craft frequently when I was a kid. I still remember how to
make my two main fighter stills - an interceptor and a fighter bomber.  Gonna
have to dig out my old WC box and look it over.. and ignore that nagging
feeling that I really should be working on ..cou*castle*gh.. sorry..dusty in
here.. *ducks*

If you do start on any sort of WC ships I'd love to see 'em.

Joel

Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada