 Space / 3727
Re: Dan the Man is at it again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 23:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I can't help but think back to the days I used to play Wing Commander, WC2 and
WC3. It looks kind of like the TCS Tiger's Claw from that Origin space combat
series.. other than not having any real blue highlights as I recall from the
game, the silhouette of the carrier seems kinda similar.

G'day Joel,

I'm thinking the same thing.  First time I saw it I figured it
had to be the TC, may she R.I.P. (bloody stealth fighters!)  :]
The TC definitely had that amount of green on it, but you're right,
it seems to be missing a little blue, and I think an orange/red
splash or two.  I think it's also missing the deck number, and the
TC had a longer deck before you went under the cover (remember those
roll in landings?).  Whether it is or it isn't, it's still the
best-looking Tiger's Claw LEGO model I've ever seen!  :]

Another ship it reminded me of was the carrier from the "near
universe" version of Voltron.  I can't remember her name.  It
had a longer deck as well, and I think it supported 3-wide
takeoffs.  It also had a large superstructure hanging from the
bottom, "vertically opposite" the command tower.  I think
there was a smaller structure underneath towards the bow as well.
But I think it was predominantly grey/blue.

Man, that's a massive model.  Evil too..., all I want to do
now is build WC ships..., Mmmmmm, Saaa-b'rrrr   ;]

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada