 Space / 3778
Re: Dan the Man is at it again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:44:55 GMT

[Trimmed to lugnet.space]

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

Another ship it reminded me of was the carrier from the "near
universe" version of Voltron.  I can't remember her name.  It
had a longer deck as well, and I think it supported 3-wide
takeoffs.  It also had a large superstructure hanging from the
bottom, "vertically opposite" the command tower.  I think
there was a smaller structure underneath towards the bow as well.
But I think it was predominantly grey/blue.

No doubt! It's certainly bigger than anything I think I could make. I've got
to get my tail in gear and put the final touches on the star fighter I've been
working on and get pictures. Nothing nearly so big but since I've lurked
around here so long, I figure I better post SOMETHING more than chatter. ;)

G'day Joel,

Yeah ditto for me.  I made the mistake of hunting down the Voltron
ship I mentioned..., it was called the "Explorer".  Here's the only
image I could find of it:

http://www.adequate.com/Voltron/Images/misc.shtml

Now I'm torn between wanting to build that stuff or the WC ships.
I think the latter will be a little easier to tackle.  Besides,
I already built a LEGO Voltron once..., about 15-20 years ago!  :]

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada