 Space / 36948
  My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

My first real attempt to build a space vehicle since my dark ages, I noticed have a tendency to build larger models than I have pieces for but in a way that makes it even more challenging! It was fun to build something different than I usually do (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

Great rendition of one of my favorite military weapons of today! The IGMLRS is simply awesome. I love the use of brown on this model, it gives it a camo look. The way in which the whole thing flows is quite impressive, I wasn't expecting the center (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) snipped... (...) I saw this on Brickshelf yesterday, and it blew me away (get it? eh. nevermind). It brought out a few "How can anyone make that out of LEGO" responses from my co-workers, and I quite simply explained that "It Is Art". I like (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) Interesting. I've noticed that that seems to be a post dark age tendency. Several people seem to have built large first and gone down in scale to a more managable size over time. Take Jon Palmer for example. He says that just about the first (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) -snipped- I really enjoyed looking at this MOC. I like the bunker-type slit windows with the deployable blast shields, and the reloading missile launcher cartridge. All the moving parts fit together tightly in stowed mode. I felt the wheel (...) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) Thanks! It's something I have been thinking about building for a long time but not having the bricks to make reality of it, until now. :) (...) I probably should not tell this but the brown color came in to the picture because lack och dark (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) Eh, I don't know what to say.. Not used to get so much positive responce I guess. Thanks for telling me about your co-workers reactions and for the nice words in your explanation. :) (...) I made a rough sketch of the vehicle before I started (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) I guess it has to do with the wich to build something massive when you're young but not having enough pices and when one can buy LEGO as much as ones wishes (and can afford) that old dream of the ultimate big ship awakens? ;) I have made few (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) Harri, I really like this. The color scheme works very well as a camoflauge, and the missile platform is nicely integrated. Adding the droids was a good idea, we're using enough of them in today's Army, I'm sure that trend will continue. You (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest

(...) Thanks for noticing so many datails, I wasn't sure how it would turn out in the photos, I'm glad I had enough blast shields to cover the front cockpit windows. :) (...) True, I suppose I should have put more time on the interior, I'm really (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)