 Space / 36985
Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:29:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Peter Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Harri Manni wrote:

My first real attempt to build a space vehicle since my dark ages, I noticed have a tendency to build larger models than I have pieces for but in a way that makes it even more challenging! It was fun to build something different than I usually do and I think it’s great that people arrange all kind of contests to keep one busy. Specially space themed ones! ;)

Interesting. I’ve noticed that that seems to be a post dark age tendency. Several people seem to have built large first and gone down in scale to a more managable size over time. Take Jon Palmer for example. He says that just about the first thing he built after his dark ages was the huge capital ship, but he’s built nothing so big since. I have the same problem (though I’ll never be able to build something as big as the aforementioned capital ship).

I guess it has to do with the wich to build something massive when you’re young but not having enough pices and when one can buy LEGO as much as ones wishes (and can afford) that old dream of the ultimate big ship awakens? ;)

I have made few attempts but scrapped them because the lack of bricks. Some day though!

   Even if most of the Intergalactic space era battles takes place in space some vehicles is still needed on the battleground.

The other good thing about it is that, if you think about it, long distance spaceships need centrifuge systems. A large missile instalation would most definitely need one. This is cheaper.

True, good point.

   On many planets wheels are the most efficient way to get around. So behold, the futuristic IGMLRS! (InterGalactic Multiple Launch Rocket System). With it’s awesome firepower consisting of 41 long range rockets (with a multitude of warheads) and two additional intercontinental rockets it’s a feared competitor on the battlefield.

**evil grin**

Thanks, I guess? ;)

   D’oh! Just when I thought that I might be able to put something comparitively good into the contest. Actually, I haven’t looked at the other entries for at the contest page for a long time, so I don’t know what this is in comparison to the others.

I sure hope that my entry won’t hold you back to enter the contest, who knows what the judges might like, thankfully the ‘taste’ differs from person to person!