 Space / 36975
Re: My entry for the Intergalactic Space Wheels Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:31:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Harri Manni wrote:

My first real attempt to build a space vehicle since my dark ages, I noticed have a tendency to build larger models than I have pieces for but in a way that makes it even more challenging! It was fun to build something different than I usually do and I think it’s great that people arrange all kind of contests to keep one busy. Specially space themed ones! ;)

Even if most of the Intergalactic space era battles takes place in space some vehicles is still needed on the battleground. On many planets wheels are the most efficient way to get around. So behold, the futuristic IGMLRS! (InterGalactic Multiple Launch Rocket System). With it’s awesome firepower consisting of 41 long range rockets (with a multitude of warheads) and two additional intercontinental rockets it’s a feared competitor on the battlefield.

-snipped-

I really enjoyed looking at this MOC. I like the bunker-type slit windows with the deployable blast shields, and the reloading missile launcher cartridge. All the moving parts fit together tightly in stowed mode. I felt the wheel wells were particularly well-done also.

I thought the interior colors were a bit too scattered, but I suppose it evokes the image of a cluttered, busy control center with mix-and-match equipment.

Nice work!