 Space / 36799
Re: Sir Bugge's lego page finally gone public! - Space, parts, sculpture and techniques!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:55:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Paton wrote:
   Hi Niels

It is good to see your website up and running! I am looking forward to seeing more of your MOCs - I am guessing you will be uploading them all over time?

That was the original plan, to get through all my old models so I could just upload when I build something new, but I grew a little pale when I discovered that was actually buildin models a lot faster than uploading! Starting to author Ldraw parts and absurdly big projects like the hoverbus (and the Viking Raid Ship) has slowed the building pace down a lot, so now I’m down to about 1:1 building:uploading, but that’s still not good enough to catch up, and at some point I run out of time to upload :-(

   Comments and criticisms? I think the site is easy to navigate and that is of course a good thing. You have a lot of written and very personal information on your site. That is not a bad thing and of course visitors can choose to read it or not. My only negative point would be that the black background is just too... well, black. It makes for a very dark experience. Just a minor point.

Yes it fits the soul so well doesn’t it? Seriously, a lot of considerations went into the choice, first and foremost aesthetically ones; that I like it and space is black, but also practically ones like the darker the screen the less fatigue, and the fact that I could crop most of the black background out of the pictures = faster download without loss of quality. A starfield would show through. Anyway, I might be persuaded, but I’d like to hear some more opinions on the subject... (I’m not very keen on changing the logo)

   Anyway, I am looking forward to more MOCs beig uploaded, especially the Hoverbus!

Haven’t you seen enough pictures of the hoverbus already?

   And, of course, the Space Viking Destroyer!!!

It’s only about 2/5 finished (wild guess) but I guess a sneak peak of the main gun would be safe ;-)

Cheers NB

PS: Like I wrote to Damien: The answer to JP have sat in my outbox since Friday, so that’s why I only answered him “yesterday”.