 Space / 36335
Re: Thing found (was Re: The inquisition comes to your sector.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:

Funny thing about that pipe, I found the piece that I attached the steering wheels to in my random parts bin and now I can’t find anymore. I haven’t been able to find the part on peeron or bricklink. I’ve checked all the categories that seemed obvious to me (ie technic pin joiner) but can’t find the thing.

Hi Daniel,

I’ve found the thing. It’s this. It came in three of the soccer sets: 3420, 3421, 3425.

BTW. I didn’t get around to commenting on this before, but I really like this MOC. I tend to agree with the consensus on this, so I’d just like to add that I especially like the high-relief gargoyle-glyphs(1) between the hatches. Nice variations on a theme and an example of well-thought-out detail. Keep up the good work. I look forward to more of this theme...

Professor Whateverly

(1) There’s probably a single word for this phrase in German. ;-)

Obviously this reply is tremendously late, but I just saw this post... And I thought I needed to reply to the sortof question (1). I’ve been calling the “gargoyle-glyphs” grotesques. Grotestques are usually scary heads on cathedrals to direct water flow, for instance, one of the ones on the National Cathedral is Darth Vader. http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral/discover/darth.shtml

Glad you enjoy, and I am hoping to get some new stuff posted later this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled.

-Dan Rubin