 Space / 35449
Re: The inquisition comes to your sector.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:49:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:

The only reason I saw the movie Chronicles of Riddick was the great line “Convert now, or fall forever” Remembering that line makes me want to build evil religious MOCs.

On to the MOC: I like it a whole lot. Great idea, and great execution. I love the soldiers and the hatches they go through. A blown-apart view of the soldier-mechs would be grand. The bridge reminds me that I need more computer tiles and slopes.

For as great as this MOC is, there are a few things that bother me: The photography is very off-and-on. It seems that every other picture is blurry, as if it was a practice shot. For my big MOCs, I often take pictures in 2 or even 3 sessions, and pick out the best pics from all the sets, making sure there is a good pic from each view.

The angel bothers me too, and it seems other people feel the same way. The wings are great, but the body leaves something to be desired. Upthread you asked what specifically is bad about it, so here goes:

The head is very weird, I can’t tell which way it is looking. I suggest looking at Miniland scale mocs for ideas, or Mike Crowley’s work ( http://eblockvillage.home.comcast.net/ )

It looks like the angel has blocky boobs. Not sure if this was intended, is it a girl angel?

The legs are rather bland too, straight, nothing to them. The tubes in the center look out of place. The transition from shoulders to wings leaves something to be desired.

It would be sweet if he (she?) had arms with a sword.

Looking back, this looks so negative, but I like the MOC a whole lot, want to see more in the genre!

~Kevin Blocksidge