 Space / 35540
35539  |  35541
Subject:
Tim and Kevin's Bot Contest: Winners!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:24:45 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Congratulations to all who entered, with a grand total of 101 individual bots, its been quite a success. Tim and I never expected so many.

On to the winners!

First Place, winner of the 10030, goes to...

Jamie Neufeld and the Dome Bot!

Second place, winner of the 7191, goes to...

Bruce Lowell and the Bot Dog! “Hot dog! We have a weiner!”

Third place, winner of the 4483, goes to...

Soren Roberts and the Skank Bot!

There were so many great bots, so we would like to recognize these other bots, all of which were in the running: (in order that they were entered)

Cop Bot, Steam Bot, 3vil Bot, Tug Bot, Biff Bot, G3, Ceti Republic Tank Robriq, Lumber Bot

But really, narrowing 101 great bots down to 3 was very difficult, and we both want to pat everyone on the back for a job well done. I am glad I made a page to organize them all, because there are a lot of ideas and techniques I intend to borrow (steal).

Next summer, let’s aim for 200 bots!

~Kevin Blocksidge and Tim Deering