 Space / 35539
Re: Bot Contest is Over!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:07:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
Wow, there are so many bots that I was unable to get a correct count
consistently...

First prize for anyone who can figure it out for sure.

On the final version of the page, ending with the pimpbot, I get 93 counting
either links or images. There is one link and one image that are not contest
entries on that page so you have to subtract one from the numbers below.

cat First\ Bot\ Contest\!.html | grep href | wc
     94     753   10882
cat First\ Bot\ Contest\!.html | grep "img src" | wc
     94     188    9833

-dan