 Space / 33720
Re: Large Intrepid-class Space MOC - Never seen as big a ship posted yet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 22:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lee Meyer wrote:

The external 'stats' are:  over 7 ft long, over 2 ft high, and over 3 ft across.
Weight of the craft estimated at about 200 pounds.  About 130 minifigs as crew.

wow!

Okay, I can really appreciate the effort it took to build that... I built a SHIP
called the Benevolent Grace a few years ago, and your SHIP beats it in a few
dimensions.  The Ben Grace was over 8 feet long, but it was only a foot and a
half tall (not counting the antenna array) and 2 and a half feet wide (not
counting the fore thrusters).  I never weighed the Ben Grace but I think it was
probably around 150 lbs.  I think the interior volume on the Ben Grace was
greater, but it was designed specifically to be spacious... it was a cruise
ship.

on any account, it doesnt matter who's ship is bigger to me, I just wanted to
say I really like your MOC and I hope you keep building big... SHIPs are so
interesting to look at, and everyone seems to approach the various design
problems from so many different ways.

I am not a fan of Star Trek, but I have to say you really did an accurate job of
capturing the look, the scale, and nice detail work.  Not fond of the blue
color, but it doesn't diminish your building ability at all.

So are you planning to build a SHIP of your own design at any point in the
future or are you just interested in interpretive construction?

peace,
the builder formerly known as J Kuester