 Space / 33686
Re: Large Intrepid-class Space MOC - Never seen as big a ship posted yet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 23:47:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lee Meyer wrote:
I've posted some pics of the most detailed, heaviest, biggest ship I ever built.
It is a 7-deck model of an Intrepid-class (I believe) starship, the kind Voyager
was - for you Trek fans.  Yes I know the real ship has 16 decks.  I can feel the
mental corrections coming to me right now by the Trekkies...

The warp core is two decks high and 'ejectable' through the bottom hull.  There
are two land crafts that can be launched.  The shuttle bay can hold a number of
ships.  The nacelles are positional, although I have them in a fixed position at
the moment because they are pretty heavy themselves.  There are escape pods in
both the saucer sections and engine sections.  AS I get time I will post more
internal shots.

The external 'stats' are:  over 7 ft long, over 2 ft high, and over 3 ft across.
Weight of the craft estimated at about 200 pounds.  About 130 minifigs as crew.

The link is here:

Lee

One word.  Wow.

-Joel