 Space / 31507
Re: Moonbase at Brickfest... how was it planned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:47:12 GMT

people announced how many moonbases the intended on bringing, but many • people
just showed up with some on their own.  Jon and Gary did the two big bases • (the
ones with monorail, etc) - and brought extra monorail, rr tracks, and • racer
lanes which were put up at the event on saturday.  A bit haphazard, but • the best
I think at this young stage.

Thanks for the lowdown...  We have done moonbases before but not with
monorail. I was thinking of planning a grid, say 5 x 10 48x48 baseplates,
working out a monorail layout around it, then asking prospective
participants to specify which baseplate area(s) they wish to occupy in
advance. Some could choose ones with monorail track on it, and others ones
without to suit their preference. I believe a lot of participants will be
building modules especially for the event, so while it'll need a lot of
organisation beforehand, it might just work...

Huw